Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 10 oz.
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 ribs celery, cut on bias
- 1/2 medium red onion, 1/4 inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 4 cups vegetable stock, or chicken stock low sodium
- 1/2 each red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf Italian parsley, rough chop
- 1 tsp. dry thyme
- Begin in a cold heavy bottom stock with olive oil and garlic, turn to medium heat to roast garlic, once garlic is golden add onion, celery, and bell pepper, continue to cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Next add your coconut milk, stock, sherry wine and dry herbs then bring to boil.
- Next add crab meat and simmer for 20 minutes taste for salt and adjust to your preference.
- Serve immediately or freeze in quart size portions for use later.
Nutrition Information - Calories: 300, Fat: 18g, Protein: 18g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 0g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 790mg