SAUTEED CITRUS & HERB SHRIMP
Skill Level: Beginner
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 T. Olive oil, (coat bottom of pan)
- 2 cloves Garlic, cut into slices
- 8 oz. Shrimp, raw, deveined (slice through the middle)
- 2-3 Flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 large Grapefruit, juiced (any citrus juice will work)
Place a medium sauté pan onto your burner.
Add olive oil to the pan. Turn the heat on to a medium high heat.
Add the sliced garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes (add garlic to a colder oiled pan will prevent the garlic from burning).
Add shrimp to the pan with a pinch of salt. Stir and cook the shrimp for 1 minute.
Add parsley, stir.
Finish the shrimp with a splash of grapefruit juice, watching out for any flames that may briefly occur.
Carefully shake the pan and finish cooking until shrimp is light pink in color. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 4 oz.
Nutrition Information: Shrimp is a great protein to make as it is quick and pairs well with numerous cuisines. This citrus and herb version goes well with zucchini noodles spinach and roasted red bell peppers. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free.