CRANBERRY & PECAN KALE SALAD
Skill Level: Beginner
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch Kale, rinsed and stems removed, julienned
- 2 each Broccoli rabe stalks and heads, heads removed and chopped (optional)
- 1 T. Olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Local honey
- 1 tsp. Coconut or liquid aminos, soy sauce alternative
- 1 tsp. Lime juice or lemon juice
- ¼ cup Dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Pecans, raw or toasted
- 1/8 tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, combine julienned kale, broccoli rabe heads (chopped/minced) and olive oil.
Using your hands, massage the olive oil into the vegetables for 20-30 seconds. The kale should breakdown and become slightly tender.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Using your hands, massage all of the ingredients together until the ingredients have been well combined and the kale has wilted a bit.
Season to taste. Enjoy!
Serving Size: ¾ to 1 cup
Nutrition Information: Kale is rich in vitamin K, vitamin E, folate and dietary fiber. Massaging the ingredients together will soften the kale and make the greens more palatable to eat. Gluten-free, dairy free.