We’re a nation at war with a body part. Spending more money on the war on fat than the war on Terror. If you’re ready to make a long-term investment in your body stop focusing on weight and unlock your attention to body composition; truly the key to understanding health.
|WEIGHT||BMI||PBF||WAIST TO HIP||BMR|
|Inaccurate representation of health||Obesity Paradox||Accurate representation of health||Easiest way for an individual to assess health||Minimum calories estimated to support composition|
Why muscle? Helps regulate your blood sugar/insulin sensitivity (liver), regulate your rest patterns and sleep quality (brain) and high quality, high functioning muscle mass equals lower work rate (heart).
Why fat? Your biggest engine in the body (energy) helps fire the electrical messages that enable you to think, see, speak, move, and perform the multitude of tasks natural to a living body (myelin component) and organ protection/temperature control.
- Healthy Fat; known as Subcutaneous Fat, layer of tissue lies immediately below the dermis of vertebrate skin. Keeps body temperature stable and helps to protect body parts from damage.
- Unhealthy Fat; known as Visceral Fat, excess intra-abdominal adipose tissue accumulation. Wraps around major organs, including the liver, pancreas and kidneys.
|WOMEN||10 - 13%||21 - 24%||25 - 31%|
|MEN||2 - 5%||14 - 17%||18 - 24%|
Journal article from the Annals of Internal Medicine 50,000 people, mostly women over the age of 40 years old. Researchers looked at BMI and PBF scans. People with body fat percentages greater than 35% for men and 38% for women, were the most likely to die within a few years, regardless of weight and BMI.
- Measure your waist and hip monthly
- Nourish your body with enough food to support your basal metabolic rate
- Strength train minimum two days per week