Are you tired of never fulfilling your healthy intentions? Fed up with setting goals that only go well for weeks or months and then end abruptly? Learn how to stop be frequent and get consistent by identifying your internal why for sustained habits.
VISION TO YOUR LIFE ACCOUNTS
- What’s a Vision Statement? Who you want to be and why that’s important to you. It’s a picture of you at your best self.
- What about Life Accounts? These are the areas of your life that are important to you. THINK about the 5 F’s: Family, Faith, Fitness, Financials, and Fun.
- We’re all struggling in at least one of our accounts; yet by setting a vision statement and clearly identifying which account needs attention, you’ll stop wasting time.
- “If you don’t plan your life someone else will.” – Michael Hyatt, Living Forward
WHAT’S REALLY IMPORTANT?
- Simon Sinek’s concept of the golden circle … “People don’t buy what you do they buy why you do it” … selling yourself the WHY day in and day out is crucial.
- Stop asking WHAT you need to do and figure out WHY you’re doing it in the first place.
|Autonomy||Your urge to direct your own life.||ROWE organizations Independence|
|Mastery||Your desire to get better and better at something that matters to you.||Practicing Sport or an Instrument Accomplishment|
|Purpose||Your impulse to go after or work towards something greater than you.||NONPROFIT Causes Impact|
ALL OR NOTHING
- If I don’t write down all my food, exercise everyday, or do everything Skyterra says I won’t reach my ultimate goals
- If the # on scale doesn’t move, all my efforts are for nothing
- I can’t stay on my plan because my husband doesn’t like healthy food (external)
- What’s wrong with me, why did I eat those fries?
- I do great during the week, but there’s no way I can be healthy on the weekend
HOW TO CHANGE HABITS
|The Trigger||The Behavior||The Recognition|
|10 hour work day (stress)||2 - 3x glasses of wine in the evening||De-stress, calming, relaxation|
Breaking habits has everything to do with understanding the habit loop. You either have to overhaul the cue or create a new cue it’s not just about changing the behavior.
SETTING INTENTIONS WITH ETA
|Behavior Based||Confidence Ruler Assess 0 out of 10||Measurability Detailed Specifics||Preparations Create Accountability|
|Workout 3x/week||7 out of 10 Minimum||6:00 am - 6:45am Mon / Wed / Fri||Gym Membership |
Wednesday with Friend
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole
- Coach Yourself Thin by G. Hottinger, M. Schultz
- The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papysan
- The Power of Habit by Charles Dewigg
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- It Starts With Why by Simon Sinek
- Drive by Daniel Pink
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
- Living Forward by Michael Hyatt