Soft, cake-like ginger bars are the perfect occasional treat. Try as an accompaniment to breakfast, as a dessert, or a snack. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 square.
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut milk, full-fat
- 1 banana, ripe or very ripe
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey, local if possible
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Adds oats to food processor and pulverize until smooth.
Add ginger and cardamom to oats and blend again until mixed. Add baking powder and salt and blend again.
In another bowl, add coconut milk, melted oil, honey, banana, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk well, mashing the banana as you go.
Add dry goods into wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
In a greased 9 x 9 pan, add mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 13 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Added Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 125 mg