A tangy-sweet-spicy glaze for your favorite protein. This versatile glaze works well on many types of protein, including pork chops, salmon, shrimp, and even tempeh. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely minced
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1 16-oz. jar of apricot jelly, local if possible
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and allow it to spread.
- Add the minced jalapeno and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lime juice and zest to jalapeno; cook for another two minutes.
- Stir in apricot jelly with a whisk.
- Keep stirring until everything is heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn to low heat and keep warm until glaze is ready to use on your protein of choice.
Nutrition Information: Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free.
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 1 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 10 mg