Skill Level: Beginner
- 1 bundle Asparagus, jumbo
- 1 each Shallot, peeled
- 2-3 each Garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 15-20 each Basil leaves
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 4 oz. Full fat canned coconut milk
- to taste Salt and pepper
- to taste Reserved liquid from boiling process
- In a medium saucepan or pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add shallot, garlic and thyme to the water and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add asparagus and blanch for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus and add to a high-speed blender.
- Add everything but the reserved liquid to the blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add additional liquid from the boiling process to your preferred thickness. Enjoy!
Servings: 4-6 Serving Size: 6-8 oz. Nutrition Information: This soup is high in fiber, antioxidants, healthy fats and flavor. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free.