If you've never had avocado in a smoothie, you're missing out! It adds a rich creamy texture and unites the flavors and sweetness of the other ingredients. If you like a colder smoothie, try using frozen avocado and/or banana. If you're not feeding a crowd (like we do here at the retreat) halve the recipe to make a smaller amount. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 8 oz.
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 can coconut milk (16 oz, full fat)
- 4 bananas
- 1/4 tsp. ginger, fresh
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 T. honey, local and raw
- Place all ingredients in blender. Mix until smooth. Divide into six containers for serving.
Nutrition Information: Avocados are rich in vitamin E, potassium, and dietary fiber. The spinach adds additional fiber, folate, and vitamin K to the mix. Ginger is an anti-inflammatory that promotes gut health. Gluten-free, dairy free. Calories: 250, Fat: 17g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrates: 26g, Fiber: 4g, Added Sugar: 3g, Sodium: 80mg