Top a fresh, colorful salad with savory shrimp. Enjoy classic BBQ flavor in this nutrient-dense lunch or dinner.Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe.
- 20 oz. jumbo shrimp, deveined
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce, house made or lower sugar brand
- 12 cups arugula, or greens of choice
- 1 pint blackberries, rinsed
- 1 pint raspberries, rinsed
- 2 golden beets, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, rinsed, halved
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup goat cheese, local if possible, crumbled
- 4 T. vinaigrette of choice
- Drizzle beets in oil and roast at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes. Set aside. Cool for at least 20 minutes before handling.
- While beets are roasting, skewer shrimp on pre-soaked wooden skewers (soak the skewers in hot water).
- Lightly oil outdoor grill with grapeseed oil, then bring to high heat.
- Place shrimp skewers on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once done, place on a plate and lightly toss or coat with barbecue sauce. The heat from the shrimp should warm the sauce and allow it to coat the shrimp. (You can also coat the shrimp while it's on the grill – just avoid extreme dripping into the grill.)
- Place greens in a large mixing bowl and top with vinaigrette of choice.
- Top greens with golden beets, cucumber, mixed berries, and toasted pine nuts.
- Divide into four portions; top each salad with one shrimp skewer and 2 T. of goat cheese. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: This mostly plant-based meal showcases nutrient density at its finest! Provides tons of antioxidants vitamin E and C. Gluten-free. Calories: 425, Fat: 18g, Protein: 29g, Carbohydrates: 40g, Fiber: 7g, Added Sugar: 1g, Sodium: 980mg