Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 T.
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- 3/4 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (for toasting)
- 5-8 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the almonds using your favorite method.
- Place all ingredients, except for the salt and olive oil, into a food processor.
- Turn on and pulse until smooth.
- Scrape the sides of the food processor if necessary. Then, with food processor switched to "on" (or consistently pulse), slowly pour in the olive oil. Slowly work the oil in, rather than pouring it in all at once.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, pulsing to combine. Makes about one cup of pesto.
There are infinite uses for this herb-packed condiment. Spread it on your favorite sandwich, top a dish of zucchini noodles, or coat your favorite protein! Nutrition Information: A good source of antioxidants, including the vitamins C, E, and K. Gluten-free, dairy free. Calories: 80, Fat: 9g, Protein: 1g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 60mg