A fresh and hearty salad perfect for make-ahead lunches. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 cup raw/dressed.
- 4 beets, cooked, peeled, and julienned
- 1 medium cucumber, julienned or diced
- 1 fennel bulb, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 sprigs mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, making sure vegetables are evenly coated with herbs and dressing. For best results, make in advance to allow the flavors to blend and deepen. Allow to marinate/rest in the refrigerator for a minimum of 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Enjoy mixture over a bed of greens or enjoy as is.
Nutrition Information: Integrate seasonal and local vegetables if possible! Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free.
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 19 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 230 mg