This unique hummus has extra flavor from the black eyed peas, cilantro, and lime. It makes a great dip for raw veggies, but you should also try it integrated into a sandwich or wrap, as a base to roasted vegetables or a protein of your choice, or in a hummus bowl. Makes 8 servings. Skill level: beginner.
- 4 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 4 cups black eyed peas, cooked
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- Add everything except for the oil and salt to a food processor.
- Puree/pulse until smooth. Pause to scrape down sides as needed.
- With food processor turned on, slowly add olive oil to the mixture.
- Add salt and any other additional seasoning to taste.
- Store in an airtight, sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationFree of gluten, dairy, and nuts. Calories: 180
Fat: 9 g
Protein: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 0 g
Added Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 320 mg