Does your favorite protein need a boost? Toss your chicken/pork/tempeh, etc. in this flavorful glaze, or drizzle it on top. A little goes a long way. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 T.
- 1 pint fresh, local blackberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 T. fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 2 T. grapeseed oil
- 2 T. sherry cooking wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Boil blackberries with water until soft – it should only take a minute or two once boiling.
- Strain out any seeds over a sieve or tool of desire (do this over a mixing bowl, as it will get messy).
- Add grapeseed oil to pot; place on stove over medium low heat.
- Add de-seeded berries to the pot. Add ginger, cooking wine, and lemon. Stir well.
- Cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reduces to the texture of your choice.
Nutrition Information: Store glaze in an airtight container in the fridge up to 7-10 days. Enjoy over protein of choice (e.g., pan-seared pork tenderloin). Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free. Calories: 35, Fat: 3g, Protein: 0g, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 15mg