These crisp stuffed endives are a great alternative to hors-d'oeuvres made with bread, crackers, or chips. Makes a great holiday appetizer or addition to a potluck. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe.
- 2 endives, whole heads
- 4 oz. smoked bleu cheese
- 1 cup dried cherries, no sugar added if possible
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Remove four large outer leaves from the endives. Reserve the rest for garnish.
- In a small bowl, mix the bleu cheese, cherries, walnuts, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly divide and scoop goat cheese mixture into endive leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve on a bed of shredded endives.
Nutrition Information: Rich in dietary fiber and magnesium. Gluten-free. Calories: 190, Fat: 10g, Protein: 5g, Carbohydrates: 21g, Fiber: 5g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 160mg