These crisp stuffed endives are a great alternative to hors-d'oeuvres made with bread, crackers, or chips. Makes a great holiday appetizer or addition to a potluck. Skill Level: Beginner.
- 2 endives, whole heads
- 4 oz. smoked bleu cheese
- 1 cup dried cherries, no sugar added if possible
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Remove four large outer leaves from the endives. Reserve the rest for garnish.
- In a small bowl, mix the bleu cheese, cherries, walnuts, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly divide and scoop goat cheese mixture into endive leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve on a bed of shredded endives.
Nutrition Information: Rich in dietary fiber and magnesium. Gluten-free.
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 10 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 160 mg