If you haven't tried making your own "nice cream" (dairy-free ice cream) yet, you're missing out. This snack is incredibly tasty, easy to make, inexpensive, keeps well, and it's a great way to use seasonal fruit. This version combines blueberries and bananas for a colorful, appealing scoop. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: ½ cup.
- 3/4 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 large frozen banana (peel and slice bananas before freezing)
- 1 T. honey
- 1/2 T. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 T. vanilla bean paste (or 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for at least 4 hours prior to serving.
Nutrition Information: Provides vitamin C, potassium, and other antioxidants that are vital for fighting toxin buildup in the body. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free. Calories: 80, Fat: 0g, Protein: 1g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 3g, Added Sugar: 4g, Sodium: 0mg