Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 muffin.
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 T. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 T. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup honey, local if possible
- 1 cup + 2 T. milk, whole
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients (except for 1 T. of flour) in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Make a well in the center of the mixed dry ingredients. Gently pour the mixed wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Slowly stir/fold until just combined (too much mixing can toughen the texture).
- Dust blueberries in 1 T. of flour.
- Gently fold dusted berries into mixture.
- Scoop dough into lined cups of a muffin pan (or gently butter sides of the cups – or skip altogether if you have a non-stick pan).
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Healthy eating doesn't have to mean giving up baked goods. These homemade muffins are an easy way to integrate a seasonal fruit. You can even freeze them for up to three months (if you don't eat them first)! Nut free. 170 Calories, Fat: 6g, Protein 4g, Carbohydrates: 27g, Fiber: 2g, Added Sugar: 7g, Sodium 105mg