These nutrient-dense energy bites are a great addition to your next action-packed day. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 oz. bite/ball (form into your preferred shape).
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup pecans, unsalted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, unsalted
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered, unsalted
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (or ¼ cup of dark chocolate pieces)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground coffee, optional
- Add dried fruit and nuts to food processor and pulse/mix for 30-60 seconds, until well combined. Stir, scraping the sides of the food processor as necessary, and pulse again until you a coarse breadcrumb-like texture is reached (this should take an additional 30-60 seconds).
- Add cacao nibs, salt and coffee. Pulse until well combined and a sticky dough-like texture is reached.
- Roll/form into 20-24, 1 oz. bites and place into sealed container or place in individual containers.
- Enjoy! These freeze or refrigerate well. We recommend keeping them in the fridge and throwing them into your bag or backpack on the day you're going to eat them.
Nutrition Information: These energy bites provide magnesium, potassium, dietary fiber, and monounsaturated fats. Gluten-free, dairy free.
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 7 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 20 mg