If you're crazy about the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter, this is the smoothie for you. The banana adds nutrients, sweetness, and a creamy texture. The spinach blends into the background, so you can get its benefits without eating something leafy. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 12-16 oz.
- 2 T. high-quality protein powder (optional)
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 T. cacao powder
- 1 T. Peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 10 oz. almond milk, unsweetened (or unsweetened milk of choice)
- 1 medium banana ripe, sliced, and frozen
- Add all ingredients to blender and puree until smooth. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Cacao is a great ingredient to incorporate into your diet on a daily basis. It provides a healthy dose of antioxidants and theobromine (a cousin of caffeine) to support your energy levels and overall cellular health. Gluten-free, can be made dairy free. Calories: 300, Fat: 16g, Protein: 18g (with protein powder), Carbohydrates: 24g, Fiber: 4g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 260mg