These vegan cakes pack anti-inflammatory fats as well as provide protein from the cashews.
- 2 Cups Zucchini, grated
- ½ T. Sea salt
- 2 Cups Cashews, lightly salted and roasted
- 1 each Shallot, or ⅓ cup of red onion
- 2 each Garlic cloves
- Place a cheesecloth or very thin dish rag (clean) into the bottom of a fine mesh sieve or colander.
- Add grated zucchini into the sieve/colander. Top and mix zucchini, with hands, with the salt. Allow this to rest for 20 minutes.
- While the zucchini is resting, place cashews into a food processor and pulse/grind until the cashews reach a breadcrumb like texture. Avoid processing too long because you don’t want to make a cashew butter.
- Pour cashews into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Place shallot and garlic into food processor and pulse until diced size.
- Add vegetables to the cashews.
- Once the zucchini has rested for 20 minutes, squeeze the rag or cheesecloth around the zucchini to remove excess water. Squeeze a few times to remove as much water as possible.
- Add zucchini to the cashew mixture. Stir until everything is combined.
- Make 8— 2 oz. cakes using a ¼ cup measuring scoop or 2 oz. scoop.
- Place cakes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!!
Nutrition Information: These vegan cakes pack anti-inflammatory fats as well as provide protein from the cashews. Feel free to add an egg, pulsed cooked chickpeas and personal flavor-enhancers for something different. Gluten-free, dairy free.