Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 8 oz.
- 2 T. olive oil, or other high-heat oil
- 5-7 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large cauliflower head, stem removed, chopped into florets
- 1 T. chicken stock base
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and garlic cloves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened and becomes aromatic (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add cauliflower florets and stir.
- Add enough water to the pot to reach two inches over the cauliflower.
- Bring soup to a boil and cook until cauliflower is fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in stock base.
- Remove from heat. Use an immersion blender to puree soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into bowls and enjoy!
Nutrition Information: The combination of cauliflower and garlic provides sulfur compounds that support cellular health, along with dietary fiber and anti-inflammatory compounds. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free. Calories: 80, Fat: 5g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 360mg