Don't be intimidated by curry dishes. They're very versatile and easy to make – just get started with a nice spice blend. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken, grilled and chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 cup cauliflower, steamed
- 1 can coconut milk, full-fat
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about an inch), peeled and sliced
- 1 chile pepper
- 1 T. yellow curry powder
- 1 T. ghee, or a grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- Mince onions, garlic, ginger, and chile very fine. Use a food processor or mortar and pestle if you'd like.
- Heat ghee or oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or saute pan. Sautee the minced onions, garlic, ginger, and chile in oil until oil is absorbed and the onions/garlic become translucent.
- Add coconut milk, cauliflower, and chicken. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 more minutes (or until heated through).
- Optional: Plate on a bed of arugula, garnish with almond slices, golden raisins, and red pepper slices.
Nutrition Information - Gluten-free. Calories: 440, Fat: 28g, Protein: 38g, Carbohydrates: 13g, Fiber: 2g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 680mg