- 2, 6oz. each Chicken breast, grilled, cool down and chop
- 6 cups Romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 each Avocado, diced
- 1/2 T. Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 slices Bacon, cooked, cool down and chop
- 1 each Hard boiled egg, halved, crumble or quarter
- 1/4 cup Red onion, pickled or raw
- 1/2 each English cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup Bleu cheese, crumbled
- 4 T. Red wine vinaigrette, dressing of choice*
- Cook the chicken breast and set aside. Feel free to pan sear salmon or shrimp in place of the chicken.
- Bake the bacon at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool and set aside. Once cool, dice into small pieces.
- Hard boil your egg(s) and set aside to cool. You can omit this ingredient if it takes too much time.
- Prepare a vinaigrette of your choice. If you don't have time to make one, a honey mustard vinaigrette or red wine vinaigrette works well.
- Dice the avocado into a small bowl and stir gently with a squirt of lime juice.
- Chop your romaine and add to a large mixing bowl. Toss your dressing with the romaine. Feel free to use less dressing or add more greens if you wish.
- Assemble each salad by separating out the greens and top with cherry tomatoes, chopped bacon, 2 T. of diced avocado, crumbled hard boiled egg, pickled red onion, sliced cucumber, bleu cheese and chopped grilled chicken breast. Enjoy!
Nutrition: this salad is high in protein and is extremely satisfying for a delicious lunch or a lighter dinner.