If you're looking for a restaurant-style dinner at home, Chicken Francese is a good choice. The crisp chicken breasts and savory sauce lend themselves perfectly for a special occasion entree. Skill Level: Intermediate. Serving Size: 1 prepared chicken breast + 2 oz. sauce.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 6 oz. each)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour, for dredging
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flat-leafed parsley, chopped
- 2 T. capers, drained
- Place the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them.
- Pound the chicken breasts with a studded meat mallet, until they are about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place some flour in a shallow platter and season it with a fair amount of salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly.
- In a wide bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, and then dip them in the egg wash to coat completely, letting the excess drip off.
- When the oil is nice and hot, add the cutlets and fry on each side until golden, turning once (about two minutes per side).
- Remove the chicken cutlets to a large platter and lay in a single layer to keep warm.
- In the same pan that you cooked the chicken, add the wine, broth, capers, and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
- Roll the butter in some flour and add it to the skillet (this will thicken the sauce). Stir to incorporate and dissolve the flour.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and return the chicken to the pan.
- Simmer gently for about two minutes to heat the chicken through (165 degrees internal temperature). Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Nutrition Information: This prepared protein and sauce is an easy recipe to make at home without missing out on the flavor you may typically experience dining out. Nut free. Calories: 300, Fat: 9g, Protein: 42g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 0g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 720mg