Green salad topped with chicken is a classic healthy meal, but it can be a little boring. Not this version! With juicy grapes, pistachios for texture and satiety, and a drizzle of tangy balsamic reduction, this is one salad worth making again and again. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: composed salad.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup fennel bulb, chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. grapeseed oil, separated
- Sea salt and pepper
Balsamic Reduction (will have leftovers)
- 2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mix fennel and broccoli with grapeseed oil and sea salt.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil.
- Add chicken (season with salt and pepper if desired) and cook through, 5-7 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes to the side.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked chicken with the arugula, pistachios, and grapes. Evenly distribute mixture into salad bowls or plates.
- Add roasted vegetables on top and drizzle with herbed balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper if desired.
- Boil over medium heat for about 30 minutes, until thick. Once it's ready, the reduction should stick to a utensil.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Drizzle sparingly over a dish.
Nutrition Information: This salad is rich in vitamins K and E. It provides necessary protein for rebuilding and repairing muscular breakdown. Gluten-free, dairy free.
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 29 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 300 mg