Salad topped with chicken is an excellent healthy go-to meal. Our version is a little more inspired than most.Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, or cutlets
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 T. mustard, whole grain
- 3 T. olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook for 7-8 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate. Slice before serving.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl. Topp with cooked chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information: This chicken salad is an alternative to a mayonnaise-based chicken salad. Enjoy over fresh greens. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free. Calories: 230, Fat: 12g, Protein: 26g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 240mg