A handy afternoon snack that feels indulgent, but contains a surprising amount of nutrition. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 2 bites.
- 2 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, skins removed, patted dry
- 1/3 cup natural nut butter of your choice (almond butter works well)
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 2 T. honey, local if possible
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, bittersweet or dark chocolate preferred
- Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, into a blender. Puree until a dough-like consistency forms. (You may need to pause the mixing and scrape down the sides of the container.) When done, transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture and stir until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate dough for an hour or so to help the mixture reach the desired consistency. Once cool, use your hands to roll the dough into balls. Use about 1 Tbsp. of dough per ball.
- Store balls in an airtight container. Refrigeration is recommended. Enjoy a ball or two for your next afternoon snack!
Nutrition Information: These bites are a great afternoon snack to get you through a busy day. Unlike cookie dough, these "cookie dough" bites are low in added sugar and offer some protein as well thanks to the chickpeas. Gluten-free. Calories: 190, Fat: 14g, Protein: 6g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 3g, Added Sugar: 2g, Sodium: 60mg