Skill Level: Beginner
- 1 each Shallots, minced
- 2-3 each Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ oz. Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 each Thyme sprigs
- ½ T. All spice, ground
- 1 T. Yellow curry powder, to taste if desired
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup Vegetable stock
- ½ each Lime, juiced
- 1 can Coconut milk, full fat
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan to medium low or moderate heat.
- Add the olive oil followed by the shallots, garlic, ginger, thyme, all spice and yellow curry powder. Stir and cook until shallots are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the stock, lime juice and canned coconut milk. Bring the mixture to simmer and stir.
- Adjust heat if needed and simmer on low to moderate heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat source. Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce (a blender would also work).
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Servings: 12-16 Serving Size: 1 oz. Nutrition Information: This dairy free sauce is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds from the aromatics and seasonings. Enjoy with your favorite protein. Gluten-free, dairy free.