Skill Level: Beginner
- 1 lb. Crab meat, claw or jumbo lump
- ¼ cup Minced shallots or yellow onion
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 T. Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs, plain
- 4 T. Olive oil, separated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crab meat and minced onion together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, worcestershire and seasoning.
- Using your hands or a spoon, combine the wet mixture into the crab and onion mixture.
- Add and combine the panko bread crumbs into the mixture and form into 6, 5 oz. crab cakes.
- Bring a large saute pan to medium high heat.
- Add 2 T. of olive oil to the pan and allow the oil to heat up.
- Add 3 crab cakes to the pan and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes (sear enough to get a golden brown crust). Place half of your crab cakes onto a sheet pan.
- Sear and assemble the remaining crab cakes in the rest of the olive oil.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until done.
Servings: 6 Serving Size: 5 oz. Nutrition Information: These are egg free and use lemon juice and worcestershire sauce to help bring extra moisture to the crab cakes. This high protein option pairs well with a vegetable and grain pilaf or a cauliflower rice pilaf.