A thick, creamy soup packed with vitamin C, dietary fiber, and cancer preventative compounds.Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: ~10 oz.
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 T. grapeseed oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large rutabaga, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 lb broccoli, florets and stems, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups coconut milk, canned
- Sea salt and pepper
- In a large stockpot, heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, stirring continuously. Add the garlic and continue to cook until soft and fragrant, stirring for another couple of minutes.
- Add the rutabaga and bone broth. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 10 more minutes.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms, water, and salt. Return to a boil just for a moment. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for another 10-15 minutes, until all of the vegetables are just soft.
- Add the coconut milk to the pot and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and blend until creamy. You can use an immersion blender to do it right in the cooking pot, or you can use a countertop blender to puree in batches.
Nutrition Information: Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free. Calories: 260, Fat: 17g, Protein: 7g, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 5g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 340mg