Skill Level: Intermediate
- 1 quart Heavy cream
- 2 T. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 6 each Egg yolks
- 2 tsp. Raw brown sugar, use for topping cooked brulee
- Hot water
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place cream and vanilla into medium saucepan set over medium to high heat and bring to a gentle boil. Remove the pan from the heat once it comes to a gentle boil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk (use balloon whisk) together 1 cup of sugar and the egg yolks until well blended and lightened in color.
- Temper the cream into the egg mixture a little at a time, stirring continually so the eggs do not scramble.
- Pour the mixture into 6-8 oz. ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into a large roasting pan or casserole pan.
- Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake until the creme brulee is set, but still trembling in the center, 25-30 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from the roasting pan and refrigerate for at least 2-4hrs.
- Remove the crème brulee 30 minutes prior to browning the sugar on top.
- Being extremely careful, use a brulee torch to brown the top of the sugar, 10-30 seconds.
- Allow crème brulee to sit 5 minutes after browning before serving.
Servings: 12 Serving Size: 4 oz. Nutrition Information: This satisfying dessert is not a “diet” dessert. Savor and enjoy. Gluten-free, nut free.