Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 prepared crepe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, local if possible
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk, or milk substitute
- 3 T. grass-fed butter, separated
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds. Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for 1 hour. This allows the bubbles to subside so the crepes will be less likely to tear during cooking. The batter will keep for up to 48 hours.
- Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 oz. of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to the cutting board. Lay them out flat so they can cool. Continue until all batter is gone. After they have cooled you can stack them and store in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months.
- Fill the crepes just before serving. Enjoy!
This batter will yield a soft and tender crepe. The filling is up to you! Nutrition Information: Nut free (unless you use a milk substitute that contains nuts). Calories: 100, Fat: 4g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 0g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 5mg