A chilled soup that requires no cooking and very little preparation. All you need is some fresh summer vegetables (locally grown if you can get them). Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 10 oz. + ¼ avocado.
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 T. olive oil
- ½ jalapeno pepper, chopped and de-seeded
- 1 cup microgreens (baby greens or sprouts of your choosing)
- 1 medium avocado, cubed (wait to cube until ready to serve)
- Add all ingredients, except for microgreens and avocado, into a blender. Mix well and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Refrigerate mixture in sealed container for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Garnish with microgreens and avocado when ready to serve.
Nutrition Information: This chilled soup is a great summer dish that provides vitamin C, lycopene, and dietary fiber. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free. Calories: 160, Fat: 13g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 5g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 15mg