A chilled soup that requires no cooking and very little preparation. All you need is some fresh summer vegetables (locally grown if you can get them). Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 10 oz. + ¼ avocado
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ jalapeno pepper, chopped and de-seeded
- 1 cup microgreens (baby greens or sprouts of your choosing)
- 1 medium avocado, cubed (wait to cube until ready to serve)
- Add all ingredients, except for microgreens and avocado, into a blender. Mix well and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Refrigerate mixture in sealed container for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Garnish with microgreens and avocado when ready to serve.
Nutrition Information: This chilled soup is a great summer dish that provides vitamin C, lycopene, and dietary fiber. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free.
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 13 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 15 mg