Soft, cake-like ginger bars are the perfect occasional treat. Try as an accompaniment to breakfast, as a dessert, or a snack. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 square (1/9th of recipe).
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 T. fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut milk, full-fat
- 1 banana, ripe or very ripe
- 2 T. raw honey, local if possible
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Adds oats to food processor and pulverize until smooth.
- Add ginger and cardamom to oats and blend again until mixed. Add baking powder and salt and blend again.
- In another bowl, add coconut milk, melted oil, honey, banana, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk well, mashing the banana as you go.
- Add dry goods into wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- In a greased 9 x 9 pan, add mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information - Calories: 190, Fat: 13g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Fiber: 2g, Added Sugar: 4g, Sodium: 125mg