This protein and salsa combination is rich in vitamin A, omega-3 fatty acids, and spices that are rich in anti-microbial compounds. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free.
- ½ cup cantaloupe, fresh, diced
- 2 T. cilantro, minced
- 2 T. red onion, minced
- 2 T. red bell pepper, minced
Ginger Coriander Marinade
- 2 T. ginger, fresh, minced/prepared into paste
- 2 T. coriander seeds, whole
- ¾ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 20 oz total (5oz. each) Scottish or Norwegian salmon filets (skin removed)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 T. olive oil extra virgin
- Prepare salsa by mixing together all salsa ingredients and setting aside (refrigerate).
- Prepare marinade by adding all marinade ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Season salmon filets with a pinch of salt.
- Generously spread 1 T. of the marinade onto one side of the salmon filet.
- Preheat a large sauté pan to medium high heat.
- Once the oil has been heated, place the salmon (marinade side down) into the pan. Sear for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn onto other side and sear for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finish cooking the salmon in a preheated 350-degree oven for another 4-8 minutes or until done. Enjoy salmon with 2-4 T. of cantaloupe salsa.
Serving Size: 5 oz. salmon + 2-4 T. salsa Nutrition Information: This protein and salsa combination is rich in vitamin A, omega-3 fatty acids, and spices that are rich in anti-microbial compounds. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free. Calories: 200, Fat: 7g, Protein: 30g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 2g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 400mg