This beverage is a nice alternative to coffee, especially for those that find themselves more caffeine dependent. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut free.Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe.
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk, canned, full-fat
- 1 T. turmeric, ground
- 3 cinnamon sticks, or 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 T. honey, local if possible
- ½ tsp. 100% pure vanilla extract, optional
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger, or 1-inch cube fresh ginger root
- 1/8 tsp. cardamom, ground
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, whole
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Simmer until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into cups and enjoy!
Nutrition Information: This warm, comforting beverage gets its characteristic color from turmeric. Turmeric is a plant rich in curcumin, which acts as an anti-inflammatory in the body. Calories: 190, Fat: 18g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 4g, Sodium: 30mg