One of our favorite snacks for a long hike or a busy day of activity. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 oz.
- ¾ cup cashews, unsalted, raw
- ¾ cup raisins, golden, red, or a mix of both
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, gluten-free if desired
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 T. cacao powder (or cacao nibs)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Puree cashews and raisins together in a food processor until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined and a dough forms.
- Remove mixture and place in mixing bowl. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before handling.
- Scoop into heaping tablespoons; use hands to round into balls. Makes about 12 bites. (Alternative: press into a pan and cut into small rectangles.)
- Store in a Tupperware or another sealed container until you are ready to enjoy.
Nutrition Information: Provides heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, B vitamins, potassium, dietary fiber, and freezes well (up to six months). Gluten-free, dairy free. Calories: 120, Fat: 6g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 2g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 85mg