Sometimes you just want to cozy up with a warm, rich cup of classic hot chocolate. Try our rich and creamy version – it tastes better and is better for you than the instant type, and it takes only a few more minutes to make.Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe.
- 2 cans coconut milk, full fat
- 3 oz. 100% dark chocolate, cacao, melted
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 oz. molasses powder or honey
- pinch Himalayan pink salt, for each cup
- In a medium pot, combine the coconut milk and melted chocolate (melt the chocolate ahead of time in a double boiler or microwave). Stir to combine.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat, continuing to stir.
- Add vanilla extract and molasses powder or honey and stir until well-combined.
- Once the chocolate blend is piping hot, blend it to make it frothy. You can use an immersion blender, a milk frother, or very carefully in a standard countertop blender. You should only need to blend it for a few moments.
- Enjoy each serving with a pinch of pink salt on top.
Nutrition Information: A lower added sugar version of a classic hot beverage. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free (double check chocolate if needed). Calories: 220, Fat: 18g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrates: 13g, Fiber: 0g, Added Sugar: 8g, Sodium: 250mg