Even kale needs a spa treatment once-in-a-while. This tender and pliable version of kale is as nutritious as it is beautiful. Rich in antioxidants, this side goes with almost any entree.
- 8 Cups Purple kale, or curly kale, with stems removed
- 1 1/2 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Pinch Kosher salt
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour EVOO and apple cider vinegar over the leaves. Mix with hands.
- Add salt and additional oil or vinegar if needed. (You want the greens to be very lightly dressed.)
- Mix and gently massage the kale for 2-3 minutes.
- Set the kale aside to rest for at least 15-20 minutes or keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serve with your favorite protein and starch. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Kale is rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, small amounts of protein and compounds that support eye health. Feel free to add a touch of honey and pinch cayenne pepper to jazz it up. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free.