Salmon, quinoa, veggies, and herbs make one tasty bowl! Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: plated - 1/2 cup of vinaigrette-tossed shredded salmon + 1/3 cup cooked quinoa as the base + ½ cup fresh spinach, ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber + 2 T. of feta cheese + 2 T. of olives
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 salmon filets, Scottish salmon or wild-caught, about 4 oz. each
- 2 T. Vinaigrette of choice, herb, balsamic or honey vinaigrette pairs well
- 2 cups spinach, fresh
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread olive oil out on a baking sheet and top with the salmon.
- Bake salmon for 12 minutes then turn oven off and "carry over cook" for another 3-4 minutes.
- Place cooked salmon filets into a medium mixing bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Allow the salmon to become shredded during this process.
- To assemble each bowl, place 1/3 cup cooked quinoa as the base followed by ½ cup fresh spinach, ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, 2 T. of feta cheese, 2 T. of olives and ½ cup of vinaigrette-tossed shredded salmon.
Nutrition Information: A fresh salad bowl that works well for meal prep or make-ahead work lunches. Gluten-free, nut free. Calories: 450, Fat: 29g, Protein: 29g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 4g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 380mg