Banana-based ice cream that's a cinch to make. Try it in between some vegan cookies for a nice plant-based treat.
- 5 ½ over-ripe bananas, frozen
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Optional Flavor Additions
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen, tops removed
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate
- Add over-ripe bananas and vanilla extract to food processor.
- Blend and pulse until smooth. This may take a few minutes due to the bananas being frozen. If you're using any flavor mix-ins, add them after the bananas are smooth, and pulse a few more times to ensure they're easily distributed.
- Freeze 6-24 hours, covered, in a freezer-safe container. Scoop and serve.
Nutrition Information: Provides potassium, dietary fiber and a natural source of sugar. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free. Does not include optional additions. Calories: 150, Fat: 0g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrates: 35g, Fiber: 4g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 0mg