A tangy but not-too-sweet vinaigrette that goes well with nearly any seasonal salad. Walnuts may be substituted for the pecans. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 ½ T.
- 1 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, raw
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup or local honey
- 1 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Toast pecans until fragrant over low heat, 3-5 minutes.
- Cool pecans for 20 minutes or until cool.
- Add pecans, vinegar, and maple syrup to food processor and puree for 15-20 seconds or until just blended.
- Turn on blender and slowly add oil and salt until well combined. Season to taste. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Provides antioxidant Vitamin E, heart- and brain-healthy monounsaturated fat, dietary fiber, and magnesium. Gluten-free, dairy free. Calories: 160, Fat: 16g, Protein: 1g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 3g, Sodium: 25mg