Skill Level: Beginner TServings: 6-8 Serving Size: 10-12 oz.
- 1 T. Olive oil
- 10 each Garlic cloves, whole
- 3 ½ cups Leeks, chopped
- 1 small Red onion, julienned
- 5 each Red potato, small, each cut into 8 pieces (large dice)
- 6-8 cups Vegetable stock, fill to just covering/reaching potatoes in pot
- To taste Salt and pepper
- Bring large stockpot to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and garlic cloves. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add leeks and onion, stir. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes followed by the vegetable stock. Add liquid so it just covers or reaches the potatoes.
- Bring heat up so the soup begins to simmer.
- Simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cut the heat (turn the heat source off). Use immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information: This soup is rich in potassium, fiber and other micronutrients that support cellular health. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free.
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 3 gms
- Protein: 5 gms
- Carbohydrates: 39 gms
- Fiber: 4 gms
- Added Sugar: 0 gms
- Sodium: 550 mgs