More protein than a traditional dough recipe, no yeast required, quick to prepare. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 bun.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain, 0% fat
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ¼ cup self-rising flour, set aside to help with kneading/working the dough
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt and 1 cup of self-rising flour and mix until it just starts to form a dough.
- Pour dough out onto a lightly flour dusted surface and knead for 5-7 minutes, until it is just smooth and the dough springs back when you lightly press it.
- Divide the dough in quarters and use for purpose of your desire.
- Pizza Dough: Work with the dough and stretch it out into an 8-inch circle. Place on a pizza pan and top with sauce and toppings of choice. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden and crispy.
- Burger Buns: Roll the divided dough into circles, lightly press down, and place on cook trays. Brush with an egg wash. (Top with any topping of choosing ex: Poppy Seeds, spices, or sesame seeds). Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pretzels: Roll the dough into 12-14 inch ropes and shape into pretzels. Brush with egg wash and top with large grain sea salt. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Information: Makes 4 servings. Calories: 150, Fat: 0g, Protein: 8g, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 460mg