Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 muffin.
- 1 ½ T. coconut oil, separated, melted
- 2 cups almond flour, finely ground
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup honey, raw (local if possible)
- ⅓ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tins with ½ Tbsp. melted coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin puree, egg, almond milk, honey, vanilla extract and remaining melted coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Avoid over-mixing.
- Distribute batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake in oven for 18-24 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Nutrition Information: Not only is pumpkin puree rich in vitamin A, it also adds natural moisture to the muffins without unnecessary fat. Gluten-free, dairy free. Calories: 140, Fat: 10g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrates: 9g, Fiber: 2g, Added Sugar: 5g, Sodium: 50mg