Making pickles doesn't have to be a big production! With this method, you'll have a fresh batch put together in no time. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: varies* (avg. serving = 4-6 pickles).
Servings 8 *varies
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups white distilled vinegar
- ¼ cup honey, or sugar of choice
- 1 T. pickling spice blend
- 2 T. dill weed, dried
- Add water, vinegar and honey to large pot. Bring to boil.
- While mixture is heating up, add sliced cucumbers to large mason jar.
- After mixture has come to a boil, set aside for 1 minute to slightly cool.
- Top cucumbers with pickling blend and dill. Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers and herbs until liquid reaches the rim.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before sealing.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to use. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Great garnish for homemade burgers or for an appetizer spread for your next gathering. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free. Calories: 20, Fat: 0g, Protein: 0g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 0g, Added Sugar: 1g, Sodium: 0mg