Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 1/2 T.
- 2 each shallots coarsely chopped
- 1-2 each garlic cloves
- 1/2 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1/2 T. honey, local
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- While oven is preheating, toss shallots and garlic with 1-2 T. of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a parchment paper lined sheet pan and roast at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Using a blender, combine shallots, garlic, Dijon, honey and balsamic vinegar, and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add olive oil in slow stream until emulsified.
- Adjust seasonings and enjoy!
Shallots and garlic are high in compounds that support blood pressure and heart health. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free. Nutrition Information: Calories: 110, Fat: 11g, Protein: 0g, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 0g, Added Sugar: 3g, Sodium: 35mg.