A simple recipe, but a reliable one. A traditional breakfast dish that can also make a light lunch or dinner. Skill Level: Beginner.
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 large eggs, local if possible
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup sliced tomato (or cherry/grape tomatoes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat small non-stick pan to medium low heat.
- Add butter to pan. Swirl.
- Add eggs to pan and constantly stir with spatula until eggs are scrambled and fully cooked.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper; serve with avocado and tomatoes on the side.
Nutrition Information: Avocados are rich in both potassium and vitamin E. We encourage you to use whole eggs (not just the yolk), which are a good source of vitamin B12, choline, and vitamin A. Gluten free, nut free.
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 22 gms
- Protein: 14 gms
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 390 mg