If you love smoked trout or smoked salmon, this salad is a good way to turn it into a meal. Serve this protein-rich salad on greens, sprouted grain toast, celery, on a platter with other nutrient-dense sides, or on its own. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: ¾ cup.
- 1 lb smoked trout feel free to use smoked salmon
- 2 T. avocado oil
- 2 T. lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 T. tarragon, dried
- 3 Swiss chard leaves and stalks, julienned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and season to taste.
- Enjoy with fresh greens, vinaigrette, and your favorite fruit.
Nutrition Information: Provides anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids and essential amino acids; a great alternative to traditional mayonnaise-based protein salads. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free. Calories: 280, Fat: 14g, Protein: 34g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fiber: 2g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 180mg