Skill Level: Beginner
- ½ cup Farro, cooked and cooled
- ¼ cup Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette, see recipe in Skyterra at Home
- 6 cups Baby spinach
- 8-10 each Strawberries, rinsed and halved
- ½ cup Pecans, toasted
- ¼ cup Goat cheese, crumbled
- 2, 4-5 oz. each Grilled chicken breast, sliced (optional)
- Cook and prepare farro according to directions on the package.
- While the farro is cooking, prepare the Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette using fresh strawberries, garlic clove, white balsamic vinegar, honey, extra virgin olive oil and salt. A vitamix or blender works best to prepare the dressing.
- Add your pecans to a sauté pan on medium low heat. Heat until just toasted, 3-5 minutes.
- Dress greens by adding all of the baby spinach to a medium bowl. Mix with 2-3 T. of dressing (add more if needed).
- Assemble each salad with baby spinach, approximately ¾ cup of strawberries, ¼ cup of toasted pecans and 2 T. of goat cheese. Top with grilled chicken if desired.
Servings: 2 Serving Size: composed salad Nutrition Information: This salad is high in vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate and can easily be made into a vegan salad.